Guest Post // Grace Mendez
Grilled cilantro lime chicken thighs are that thing I will cook a ton of at once and use it for a couple of meals. I am a major meal planner, so with a recipe as versatile as this one I like to take full advantage of using it multiple times in the week. The flavors pair well with so many dishes it’s hard to use it wrong. Salads, pastas, tacos, sandwiches, Thai, Spanish, just about whatever dish you’re looking to add chicken.
Saturday before we headed to the pool I threw three pounds of chicken thighs in this marinade and by dinner time all they needed were 20 minutes on the grill. Sunday we put them on a salad when we got home from church and Monday, while I was having dinner with a friend, my husband used what was left to make a burrito bowl.
Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 3lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3TBSP honey
- 1/2 of a bunch of finely chopped cilantro
- 2TBSP crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2tsp salt
- In a gallon sized ziplock bag add chicken and all marinade ingredients. Let marinade in the fridge for 5 hours- overnight. It really does make all of the difference in the whole world the amount of time that you marinate them, for the best flavor I recommend no fewer than 5 hours.
- Over a medium high heat grill thighs for 16 -20 minutes total, flipping every 4minutes. Larger thighs may take longer. Continue cooking thighs until their internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you make this recipe, or any of my others, don’t for get to share it on Instagram and tag me! @gracenmendez